Saturday 20 December 2014

AS Photography Exam Images






These four images were part of 9 images that I presented for my final AS Photography exam. The theme of the exam was Air, Earth, Water and Fire; I decided to concentrate on the two elements water and earth. I created an ideas board in preparation for my first shoot; this included photographing a candle melting over the course of 8 hours, I would take an image of the candle every 20 minutes, then edit the images digitally via Photoshop to show the slow deformation of the candle, this represented earth as it shows a slow change over a long period of time; another idea included photographing close up shots of the human body, which would represent the element water because the human body is made up of 75% water.

After photographing the human body, I would evaluate each shoot and decide the best way in which to capture the human body. I also decided to add textured images over the top of the original image to create the illusion that the skin is cracked and broken. I did this because it represents the element earth, the outer layer of the earth is not smooth, it is cracked and broken in many places.

No comments:

Post a Comment