Saturday 20 December 2014

Documenting Maui Waui Festival









I photographed a festival called Maui Waui, based in Suffolk. My aim was to document the activities and performances that took place throughout the day, I also wanted to capture the different people and atmospheres present during the majority of the day.

I documented things such as people eating and drinking, people resting, bands and solo musicians performing, and the camping facilities. I did this because I felt that these were the most important aspects of attending any festival. I also feel that by capturing the majority of the things listed above, you can feel and reflect on the atmosphere and moods felt throughout the day and into the night. I took two lenses with me to photograph Maui Waui; I took my 50mm 1.8 lens because it is capable of taking images in low-key lighting; I also took my 18-105mm 3.5 lens to use during the day time.

No comments:

Post a Comment